The Channel Armrest with Drain Hole is similar to the Channel Armrest (without drain hole) in that both products are designed to provide optimal support for a weak or paralyzed upper extremity. In addition to support, it also allows rotation of the forearm without limiting the client to a fixed position. Differences include a drain hole near the elbow, a wider forearm channel, and higher back lip.
The higher contoured back lip is ideal for keeping the elbow in place when the chair is tilted to its full angle. A drain hole is convenient for those who would like to attach the armrest to a shower chair.
The unique design of the armrest’s extrusion allows three positions for mounting to any type of wheelchair hardware which uses either 7/8” or 1” tubing. Usually only one channel is needed for mounting leaving two channels open for other attachments such as straps or other devices such as electronic control hardware. The slider profile is designed to accommodate a stock off-the-shelf No. 10-32 flange locking nut.
- Drain hole for shower, outdoor, or poolside use
- Higher cup to hold the elbow in position
- Relief to accommodate bony prominences such as the olecranon
- Center section of the armrest is rounded to increase area of contact thereby reducing pressure on the forearm
- Flat rounded surface at the front of the armrest allows the attachment of a therapeutic hand pad
- A marked indentation locates the center of the circle. By drilling through the armrest, a custom-made or stock hand pad can be attached.
- The upright shape assists in aligning the arm when a therapeutic hand pad is necessary
- Wider recessed sides allow the client to internally or externally rotate their arm providing a comfortable change of position